CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) Exam Preparation Course
This course is for anyone wanting to take the Cambridge Advanced English Exam.
CAE is an advanced level qualification (Level C 1 in the CEFR), and is recognised by many employers worldwide.
The Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) is the fourth level of the Cambridge exams in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). The CAE recognises the ability to communicate with confidence in English and deal with most aspects of everyday life. Successful candidates receive a certificate awarded by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, which is recognised by universities and employers throughout the world.
The CAE is for learners who seek a standard of English that is adequate for most purposes, including business and study. Success at this level indicates the ability to use English effectively and perform confidently in social and professional situations, and in higher education.
It is a valuable qualification for anyone who wants to work or study abroad or to develop a career which requires language skills, including business, medicine, engineering (and many other professions.)
CAE is seen by institutions of higher education in many countries as proof of adequate language skills for courses taught and assessed in English. Almost all universities in the United Kingdom and a growing number in the USA recognise the CAE, as do many employers throughout the world.
Why Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) is a badge of excellence:
- It is accepted globally as proof of high achievement.
- More than 3,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world accept Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) as proof of high-level achievement.
- A certificate with endless opportunities.
- Helps you develop the language skills you need for success, and can be used for your university and student visa applications in the UK and Australia.
- The course provides high-level English skills for academic and professional success.
- Preparing for Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) helps learners develop the skills to make the most of studying, working and living in English-speaking countries.
How students, universities and schools all benefit:
- A level of English for demanding study and work environments.
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) shows that a student has the language ability to carry out complex research, communicate effectively at a professional level – (and stand out from the crowd.)
- High-quality assessment, from a department of the University of Cambridge.
- Real-life English language skills.
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) offers proof of the English skills that education institutions and employers seek for high-achieving study and work situations.
WHAT DOES THE EXAM INVOLVE?
CAE has five papers: Reading | Writing | English in Use | Listening | Speaking.
Each of the written papers is returned to Cambridge for marking and assessment. The Speaking Test is conducted by two locally based examiners who examine candidates face to face. All examiners are accredited by Cambridge ESOL.
A Cambridge English qualification
Once you have acquired a Cambridge English certificate, you hold one of the most valuable English qualifications in the world.